The Greenville County Soil and Water Conservation District is a special purpose district created in 1938 to protect and conserve all natural resources including soil, water, wildlife, and forestry. Since 1971, citizens, businesses, and educational institutions in Greenville County have donated tax-deductible gifts to the Greenville County Soil and Water Conservation District.
In previous years, affiliate member contributions helped to fund:
- Prizes for the Annual Essay Contest for 5th-8th graders
- Prizes for GCSWCD’s Annual Photography Contest for students of all ages
- Conservation Mini-Grants to schools and educators to fund a variety of conservation projects
District education programs reach students of all ages, classroom teachers, informal educators, pet owners, homeowners, farmers, contractors, members of the public, and elected officials.
These opportunities include:
- Educational workshops for educators in Project WILD and Project WET
- Classroom programs for Greenville County schools, reaching hundreds of students each year
- Funding for mini-grants, community rain garden projects, and school-based conservation programs
AFFILIATE MEMBERSHIP LEVELS & BENEFITS
All affiliate member levels will receive:
- GCSWCD quarterly newsletters
- Print recognition in GCSWCD newsletters and annual report
- Online recognition on GreenvilleSoilandWater.com (includes logo and link to your website, if applicable)
- Invitation to our annual awards evening