VIDEO PRODUCTION INTERN
We're hiring for a special project, video production intern. Application Deadline: February 5, 2021
Title: Video Production Intern
Location: Greenville, SC
Schedule: 10 – 30 hours/week, flexible days
Start date: March 2021
End date: August 2021, extension possible
Wage: Paid, $12/hour
- Primary: Pollution Solutions: Practical tips you can use to help reduce water pollution. Short, one to two minute, videos will focus on practical tips and education for stormwater management. We aim to provide Greenville County citizens with easy ways they can help protect our water, soil, and environment.
- Secondary: Use Nature’s Recipe to Grow Your Own Garden of Eden
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- Work with Education staff to develop video concepts, outlines, and scripts
- Assist in the development of video concepts
- Film interviews, landscapes, background roll, etc.
- Edit and combine video, audio, and image clips
- Upload videos to YouTube and share on Social Media
- Excellent film and post-production skills
- Basic knowledge of YouTube content creation
- Availability to meet weekly
- Self-starting, focused, and efficient
- Prior experience with Adobe Suite applications
- Prior film experience
Email cover letter, resume, references, and a sample of your previous work to Chaneen Haler.
Chaneen Haler, Community Relations Coordinator
Greenville County Soil and Water Conservation District is on the lookout for summer interns. We are looking for someone who would like to join a leading conservation agency to learn best practices for public outreach and environmental education.
This is a college level internship, that will be available for Spring (Jan-May), Summer (May - August), and Fall (August - December) terms.
Applications will be open on April 1, 2021.
Internship learning opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Experience working for a county government agency
- Education and outreach opportunities and working with community partners
- Developing and presenting campaign materials to an array of stakeholder groups
- Presenting educational materials to classrooms, HOAs, and other civic organizations
- Working at special events to provide hands-on education to participants through interactive booths
- Media relations including print, radio, television, and social media
- Developing graphic design skills with design software, creative branding, and merchandise production
- Planning and implementing give-away promotions
- Event planning and execution
- Creating and evaluating surveys used to gauge audience knowledge on campaigns and messages
- Potential to develop a program based on a concept provided by staff given project parameters, budget, and freedom to develop the project into an implementable venture that can be assessed and used as part of long-term outreach campaigns
All class levels welcome. Recent college graduates may also apply. The Community Outreach Intern will be a part of the education team for GCSWCD.
This is a paid internship, with a max of $12 per hour/30 hours per week. No benefits available. An ambitious and motivated student with a background in communications, the social sciences, or conservation and earth sciences preferred.
- Outgoing personality and the ability approach strangers at events, in parks, and at other venues
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Creativity and organization to produce presentation materials and develop project goals and plans
- Self-starting, focused, and the ability to make judgment decisions in the field
- Ability to work outside of traditional business hours
High school summer internships are also available, non-paid positions.
Application Instructions: Email cover letter, resume, references, and essay response via email or USPS to:
Internship Application (email)
301 University Ridge, Suite 4800
Greenville, SC 29601
Internship Essay Question:
Please explain in fewer than 500 words what you hope to be doing and why the internship is germane to your career goals. Include an explanation as to why you are choosing to explore a particular industry or organization and why this exploration is important to you. Describe your preparation for work in this industry or organization and your readiness to make the most of this internship experience. Explain what you are hoping to learn or gain from this opportunity and how it fits with your academic and professional goals. Include which of our current programs most interests you.